First,let me tell you what Fajita is.The fajita is truly a Tex-Mex food (a blending of Texas cowboy and Mexican panchero foods).The grilled steak had two terms; as per the Mexican term for grilled skirt steak is arracheras, and its American counterpart is fajitas. In the mid 1980’s, fajitas were a fairly common dish in most Mexican restaurants and would ultimately become a popular Nineties fast-food item. Increased demand often led Mexican restaurant operators to substitute other cuts of meat, and the addition of grilled items such as chicken, shrimp, and even vegetable.
Today, the term fajita has completely lost its original meaning and has come to describe just about anything that is cooked and served rolled up with tortilla and any meat. The only true fajitas, however, are made from skirt steak.
Coming to the recipe,me and my family are basically pollo-pescetarian (we abstain from red meat),hence I am one of the people who gonna change the traditionality of this recipe by trying the fajita rolls with chicken.I added a touch of south Indian style to this fajita roll and it was a tantalizing recipe.We had this as an appetizer and also tried as an accompaniment for the dhum biriyani.Both ways having these rolls were sumptuous.Especially my hubby indulged in the taste. By the way, will share the dhum biriyani post soon. Come on,let’s get started with the fajita rolls recipe!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Recipe Category : Appetizers/ Accompaniments
Chicken Breast – 1 (boneless & skinless)
Capsicum /Peppers -1
Garlic – 4 cloves
Pepper powder – 1/2 spoon
Chilly powder-1/4 spoon
Salt – required
Chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – required
- Marinate the chicken breasts without cutting it and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a Kadai add the chopped onion,garlic and capsicum and saute till its translucent and add the pepper powder,chilly powder and salt.Saute fo a while and keep aside.
- Now take the marinated chicken and place the onion capsicum stuffing in the center of the breasts.
- Carefully, roll the chicken breasts and pin the chicken breasts using toothpicks to avoid the stuffings to come out.
- Now cut the chicken breasts as between the toothpicks as shown below.
- Deep fry the chicken roll in hot oil turning both sides.
- That’s It! Fried Chicken Fajita Roll is ready to serve.