Looking for a great craft to work with your kid but also creating a wonderful learning opportunity?Then this might surprise you with a big Wow!Flash cards are very famous for making the education fun.That too for toddlers who gets distracts very soon can be attracted with these eye-catching images .Basic learning styles are often categorized and explained below:For more information about learning styles: http://www.learning-styles-online.com/overview/
Visual (spatial):Prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
Aural (auditory-musical):Prefer using sound and music.
Verbal (linguistic):Prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
Physical (kinesthetic): Prefer using your body, hands, and sense of touch.
Logical (mathematical): Prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
Social (interpersonal): Prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
Solitary(intrapersonal):Prefer to work alone and use self-study.
Flashcards are particularly important to appeal to visual learners, as there are a very high proportion of learners with this type of intelligence. They are bright and colorful and visually appealing which makes the visual learners more focused. Not only for the toddler’s flashcards are very handy resources which can be used in every stage of teaching your kids. It can be used for memorization,drilling activities and identification activities.
Step by Step Method on How to do Homemade Flashcards:
Making baby or toddler flash cards is really easy. Basically, the steps are:
- Gather materials. To make your flashcards resilient you’ll need any cereals box,cello tape or glue,Marker.
- Choose pictures Either from any chart or book which can be bought in dollar stores.I used flags as an image.
- Prepare the cardstock,Cut the cereals box with the measured size in a rectangle shape 4”x3” or cut it according to your image size.
- Glue pictures, onto already cut cardstock
- Add the text about the image using the marker below the image in cardstock.
- You can use real cardstock instead of cereals boxes so that you can glue pictures both the sides and flash them.
So let’s get started! And surprise your baby.
Alternative Method :(I do not have photos for this )
- To make your flashcards more professional you can download some free printable flash cards template or you can download some images from the internet.
- You can add text to those images from many photo editor options available online and make a printout.
- Now glue those pictures in the cardstock which can be bought from Walmart.
My personal advice is not to use flashcards to the toddlers who are not even ready to learn some vocabularies. Then you are just making your kid memorize the word and that is not a good idea. Wait and watch, when your kids show interest in learning new words do a lot of conversation with them. Talk with them and try to use new words as much you can. Babies can store all the new words they learn which is helpful in language development. Once you feel your child is OK with the vocabulary and tries to repeat it at least with the matching sound (like Car to caa),start using the flash cards.