Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine.Having whole grains Pasta is a great option rather than normal one.Whole-grain pasta is a good source of complex carbs which helps you in lasting energy and in weight loss.Due to the fiber content in whole grain, it improves the digestive system. Unfortunately, Pasta is never been on the favourite list of South Indians because of its plain and simple taste with no spices in it. My husband loves pasta so had a thought and tried it in my own style .For a shock this Spicy Chicken Masala Pasta -South Indian Style recipe was a super hit and it is now my husband’s one of the favourite food. Let’s get started with the recipe and let me know how it came.
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 2
Ingredients Required :
Swirl pasta – 1 cup
Chicken – 150 grams( cut into bite size pieces)
Egg – 2
Onion – 1( finely chopped)
Tomato – 2(finely diced)
Cinnamon – 2 inch
Cloves – 3
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tspTurmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 2 to 3 tsp(optional)Coriander leaves – 2 tsp ( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp ( finely chopped)
Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
To cook pasta:
Add water, salt and oil in a shallow pan and allow to boil. Once it starts boiling, add the pasta to it and cook till it becomes soft. Once it is done; drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a Kadai; add cinnamon,fenugreek, cloves and the onions. Sauté till the colour changes and then add ginger garlic paste. Once the raw smell goes add diced tomatoes and all the spice powders and salt.
- Fry until the tomatoes cook well and oil oozes out on the sides of the masala. Now add the chicken pieces and mix well .
- Add water if required but mostly chicken leaves out water which will be enough for the chicken to boil and close the pan with the lid; allow to cook till the chicken is done.
- Meanwhile, prepare the egg scramble and keep aside.
- Once the chicken becomes soft and when the mixture is in thick gravy consistency, add the boiled pasta and the scrambled egg and mix well.
- At last add tomato ketchup(optional) and coriander leaves. Irresistible Chicken Pasta is ready to serve hot!!!
- You can use any pasta variety for this dish.I used swirls type.
Adjust the water quantity and spice level according to your taste.
Vegetarians can add paneer, vegetables, mushroom or meal maker instead of chicken.
Always choose whole wheat pasta.
- Draining the pasta will help to avoid the overcooking of pasta.